The Bement Covered Bridge, constructed in 1854, is a 71′ long structure that spans the West Branch of Warner River. It is a Long Truss structure, patented in 1830 by Colonel Stephen H. Long of Hopkinton. The Bement Covered Bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and owned by the Town of Bradford.
The purpose of the project was to address the structurally deficient conditions of the abutments, replace the deck, repair trusses, strengthen the lateral bracing system and replace the approach railing on each end of the bridge. Additional improvements include installation of fire protection systems.
We performed a detailed inspection of the bridge, permitting, design and bid-phase services. We also administered the construction phase of the project.
The majority of the funding for the project is provided by the National Historic Covered Bridge Preservation Program. The project is administered through the NHDOT Local Public Agency program.
- Condition Assessment
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Load Rating Analysis
- Habitat Analysis
From the blog
Learn about ongoing projects and the innovative processes we employ for our clients.