Payton Borza, Airport Engineer and Disney Enthusiast
1. What drew you to Hoyle, Tanner?
Because our branch office is so small, we are all very close. When considering my career options after I graduated, this is what made me want to continue on to a full-time position after my internship with Hoyle, Tanner.
2. What’s something invaluable you’ve learned here?
The importance of teamwork. We provide better products when we all work together and give input on projects.
3. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
Christmas time – We usually volunteer together as a team and have our annual “Fun Committee” event.
4. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
I am currently working on an Airport Master Plan which is something new for me.
5. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
Went to Disney World with my husband.
6. How many different states have you lived in?
Just one – Florida.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Chick-fil-A and ice cream!
8. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
I have a dog named after my husband and I’s favorite type of shark, Mako.
9. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
Oviedo is well-known for its resident chickens that live downtown.
10. What are three things still left on your bucket list
1. See polar bears in the wild
2. Travel to all 50 states
3. Visit Disneyland in California
11. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island.
1. My husband
2. A boat
3. Unlimited supply of food and drinks
12. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
13. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
I have a sweater that I took from my husband when we first started dating about 10 years ago.
14. Words to live by? Favorite quote?
“Let all that you do be done in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14 – I am not always great at this but it’s something I strive for.
15. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
An elementary school teacher.
16. If you were to skydive from an airplane what would you think about on the way down?
Honestly, I’d probably be thinking about whatever my next task of the day is or what’s for lunch.