Marisa DiBiaso, Civil Engineer & Seeker of Eternal Youth
- What brought you to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
- It was really slow at previous job, so I wanted to find a position that challenged me. Once I decided I needed change, Hoyle, Tanner was my first choice. It has a great reputation in New Hampshire, and I would be able to keep working in Portsmouth. Win-win!
- What do you like most about working at Hoyle, Tanner?
- The work here constantly challenges me. We get interesting, local projects that I’m really proud to say I designed. The people are also smart and hardworking in our office, and of course, our boss, Bill, is great (And that’s not just me trying to get a raise!).
- Can you talk about a favorite memory here? Proudest moment?
- Definitely the groundbreaking for the Somersworth Downtown project. I was a part of designing the infrastructure, and it was so rewarding to see it completed. The project was important to the community and very high profile – to the point that even my friends outside of work were talking about it. It was nice to be a part of something so visibly significant.
- How do you spend your time outside of the office?
- I’m a very active person, so that’s how I spend most of my free time. I do CrossFit 5 days a week and love to snowboard or hike, depending on the weather.
- What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Probably either my iPhone or the outdoors.
- Tell me a random fact that most people don’t know about you.
- I own a multifamily in Portsmouth and have been a landlord for 9 years.
- Do you have a favorite quote or words you live by?
- “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
- Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
- I used to grade standardized tests part-time. We would only have to grade the essay parts, so it was funny to see what students would write. Some just drew pictures, and some would just ask, “What kind of losers read these things?!” I guess I was that loser.
- Would you ever want to be famous? If so, for what?
- Ever since I started watching Friends, I’ve wanted to be on a sitcom. It just seems like a lot of fun. If not that, though, I’d want to be a gymnast.
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
- I’d either want eternal youth or immortality.