John Coon – Senior CADD Designer & Avid Golfer
1. What drew you to Hoyle Tanner?
The opportunity to work on airports.
2. What’s something invaluable you’ve learned here?
Teamwork! Everybody has a role to play.
3. What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle Tanner?
Summer. Projects get out the door and golf season starts.
4. What’s the coolest thing you are working on?
Airspace projects. Working on 3D drone models is something special. It’s like the Jetsons.
5. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far this week?
It was 75+ degrees this week.
6. How many different states have you lived in?
Four: NH, MA, FL, and CA.
7. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
8. What kind of pet do you have and how did you choose to name it?
We have a cat named Oliver. It has an attitude, that’s why he’s named Oliver. Its Deb’s (my wife’s) cat, I just happen to live in the same house. Our daughter moved out 6 years after college, so now it’s the cat that rules the house.
9. What is a fun or interesting fact about your hometown?
Home of the first American astronaut, Alan Shepard and American poet, Robert Frost.
10. What are three things still left on your bucket list
1. Play the Sawgrass Players Club
2. Shoot sub par (71) I’ve come close twice shooting 72’s!
3. Play in a pro-am with Jordan Spieth
11. Name three items you’d take with you to a desert island
3. Golf Club (with floating balls)
12. What characteristic do you admire most in others?
Honesty That’s the only one that matters to me.
13. How old is the oldest item in your closet?
45-year-old soccer cleats, but they might come up missing like most of my old stuff. Last year, I went to play golf, came back home, and my wife had a dump truck and four workers that were emptying the entire cellar. The cellar was empty. I got to keep a hammer, drill, and a few pliers, that was it.
14. Words to live by? Favorite Quote?
“Yes dear, whatever you think is best.” [to my wife]
15. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Pro soccer player. I made it to semi-pro league playing in the eastern division.
16. If you were to skydive from an airplane what would you think about on the way down?
I’d never jump out of a plane. Never.