- What drew you to Hoyle, Tanner originally?
- Well, I was working for a much smaller company before joining the team and knew that I wanted to work for a larger company. I have a growing professional network here (in NH) after attending UNH and had heard great things about Hoyle, Tanner and the opportunities for growth that they offer. I figured it would be a great place to work (and it is)!
- What do you like most about working at Hoyle, Tanner?
- How friendly and open everyone is. I think it is great that when I am working on a project that we all work collectively as a team and I am able to speak freely with anyone I need to complete the assignment.
- Can you talk about a favorite memory or proudest moment here?
- We recently did some reconfiguring in the office and a bunch of us moved our spaces. The Transportation Group spent a few nights painting and moving things around while eating pizza – it allowed us to bond more as a team.
- What is your favorite pastimes outside the office?
- I love to hike and play ultimate Frisbee (here and back home in Maine). I also like to snowmobile in the winter and stay active with my friends.
- If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
- A deck of cards, 6-pack and bicycle… hopefully the island is big.
- People would be surprised if they knew?
- I have completed two Tough Mudder competitions with my fraternity brothers; my first at Gunstock and the second most recently in Westbrook, Maine. They are fun, typically 10 miles of obstacle course to work together to complete.
- Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
- Work hard, play harder!
- What did you want to be growing up?
- [chuckles]A forest ranger. I wanted to spend all of my time in the woods growing up.
- If given the chance, who would you like to be for a day?
- Mario Andretti – what I would give to drive really fast and not get in any trouble.
- If you won the lottery today, what would be the first thing you would buy?
- Well, I recently got a new car, so I would probably buy a house.
Employee Spotlight: Jake Sparkowich
From the blog
Learn about ongoing projects and the innovative processes we employ for our clients.
February 20, 2024
Katelyn Welch, PE Named New Hampshire’s 2024 Young Engineer of the Year
February 1, 2024
Celebrating Excellence: Hoyle Tanner’s Matthew Low and Nichole Davis Recognized in “New Hampshire 200” List
January 23, 2024
Chris Mulleavey Appointed to APWA National Nominating Committee
January 22, 2024
Building Excellence: The Expansion of Hoyle Tanner with 15 New Faces
January 18, 2024
The Importance of Local Limits for Our Wastewater Systems
January 17, 2024
A Glimpse into the Future of Sustainable Winter Operations
January 16, 2024