- What has drawn you to and kept you at Hoyle, Tanner?
- I was working at a smaller firm before. I wanted to try a larger firm, and I also wanted to do more transportation. So what drew me here was the size, the type of projects, and the team. In a smaller firm, you do much different work. Why I stay here? Probably because I like the team. I wasn’t doing airport engineering before this, but I find airports very interesting.
- What’s the most invaluable thing you’ve learned here?
- Oh gosh, I’ve learned a lot. Working in this position, I get to do both the design work and see the construction phase of the project. I think that’s the most important thing — that I get to see both sides of it.
- What’s your favorite time of year to work at Hoyle, Tanner?
- Definitely the summer [laughs]. I like the summer. There’s lots of construction projects, which means it’s a little more hectic and there’s a chance to be on site.
- If you were a character in a book/movie/tv show, who would you be?
- Off the top of my head? I guess I would have to say Jason Bourne, because how could you not want to be like him? How could you not want to have a mind like that? But on the other side of that, probably also the main character from Along Came Polly. She’s so laid back and so accepting.
- What’s one of your bucket list items?
- I deliberately do not have a bucket list. Because then I feel like you’re doing something just to do it. I don’t want that to be my focus.
- Words you live by? Favorite quote?
- I like a lot of them. I’d have to look them up, but I think any positive message out there, I like.
- If you were to skydive from an airplane, what would you think about on the way down?
- I would be terrified. I would not be able to think about anything.
- Favorite food?
- Anything that’s really super fresh — like a fresh tomato mozzarella salad.
- If you were to enter a talent contest and you could do anything, what would your talent be?
- I would probably love to sing. I cannot at all, so that’d be awesome.
- When you’re not working, what could people most likely find you doing?
- Well, for actual hobbies, we like hiking — my husband, dog, and I. What we’re actually doing though is working on the house and playing with the puppy. I love house projects. Or we’re doing what the puppy wants to do.
Employee Spotlight: Nicole Crawford
Nicole Crawford, Airport Engineer and HGTV-Enthusiast
From the blog
Learn about ongoing projects and the innovative processes we employ for our clients.
Fall Yard Debris & Clean Up: To Rake or Not to Rake?
November 23, 2022
2023 FAA AIP Grants: What do I Need to do & When do I do it?
November 21, 2022
Why We Don’t Design Roads for Holiday/Summer Traffic Volumes
November 16, 2022
Candy to CADD: Building My Career with Hoyle Tanner
November 10, 2022
Nicole Centerbar Earns her PE
November 8, 2022
Back to the Databases: How Records Can Preserve Rare Plants
November 2, 2022